This disclosure explains “what cookies are” and the types of cookies used on Shadowrobot.com
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
What do cookies do on Shadowrobot.com?
- They improve things by:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Remembering information you’ve given (eg your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
- Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
The cookies we currently use are:
PHPSESSIONID This keeps track of your current session with the website. It expires when you close your browser.
catAccCookies This remembers that you have seen the cookie notice so we don’t show you every time you view a page. It expires after 6 months.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
_utma This randomly generated number is used to determine unique visitors to our site. It expires after 2 years.
_utmb This randomly generated number works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time users spend on our site. It expires after 30 minutes.
_utmc This randomly generated number works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser.It expires when you close your browser.
_utmz This is a randomly generated number and information about how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search). It expires after 6 months.
These cookies fall into the following catagories:
1.Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
3. Analytical cookies – Our website uses Google Analytics cookies (third party cookie) for the following purposes:
• a cookie to record the time of your first visit to website, the time of your most recent visit to the website and the time of your current visit;
• a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website;
• a cookie to record how you located our website (i.e. Google search, keyword, link from other page etc).
We only share the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics with Google. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please visit the Google Privacy and Data Sharing pages.
The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may wish to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).