Based: Gospel Oak, London
Salary: £34,000 to £40,000 plus shareholding, flexible hours, healthy food and treats in the office, and 28 days’ holiday and 8 bank holidays per year
Type of role: Full-time, Permanent
Are you responsible for DevOps in your current role?
Do you have a passion for ensuring the readiness and stability of systems?
And want to be a crucial new member of one of the world’s leading companies in their field?
We’d like to talk with you, if so!
About the Shadow Robot Company
We are a growing international and world-leading robotics company and we’re expanding our software team and hiring a new DevOps Engineer.
You’ll have a passion for scripting and coding in Ansible, Python and Bash, and can develop and expand our CI/CD pipeline (including AWS), automated testing and deployment of robotics software for our internal developers and customers.
Your DevOps Engineer Role
Your main task would be to extend and support Hybrid infrastructure (mostly AWS cloud, but some local DevOps infrastructure as well) with the following features:
- Automated Pull Request builds and checks for about 60 GitHub repositories (currently 3 parallel checks per repository, running in Docker containers in AWS CodeBuild)
- Scheduled and manual docker image builds in AWS CodeBuild for our products
- AWS Lambda executing Python 3 code to distribute credentials to customers based on a customer key (using AWS API Gateway) and allowing customers to upload files to AWS S3
- Using AWS VPC + EC2 to have a cloud-hosted OpenVPN Access Server for remote teleop, routing both the ROS data and video/sound data for teleconferencing
- Local builds in Shadow’s offices using on-premises servers connected to a robot hand (for robot-hardware-in-the-loop testing)
- Using Ansible to install Docker containers and configure laptops and NUCs to run Shadow’s robotics software
- Support and extend CI on AWS
- Support and extend software deployment using Ansible and testing of Ansible playbooks using Molecule and AWS EC2
Your technical skills and experience will include the following:
- 2+ years of experience on DevOps role (AWS and Ansible)
- Strong experience in running cloud services and managing container-based workloads using Docker
- Experience using and maintaining production environments for AWS
- An understanding of modern DevOps – Automation, configuration management, immutability, observability, Site Reliability
- Strong system administration background for Linux based systems
- Experience with source control tools like GitHub and any Continuous Integration Tools
- Hands-on DevOps capabilities. Hands-on experience with containers (Docker), Linux (Bash/CLI), CI/CD, log management, message queues
- Experience with diagramming architecture, documenting recommendations, and communicating them
- Experience with designing technical architecture, general understanding of a wide array of DevOps and open source technologies and how they fit together
- Strong experience with the following:
- Core AWS we use = CodeBuild, Lambda, EC2
It would be good if you had experience or knowledge of any of the following also:
- Other AWS products (S3, IAM, VPC, API gateway, SES, SNS)
- Automated testing experience
- CI/CD experience
You will fit well within the company if you:
- Are a team player
- Love being a part of a growing software development team
- Have good communication skills (able to liaise with software engineers, product development, as well as non-technical people such as operations and project managers)
- Like to research and test new technologies
- Are fluent in English
- Love solving problems and using your analysis skills
- Able to start rather quickly so ideally you’ll already be living and working in London
Salary: £34,000 to £40,000 with excellent benefits including flexible hours, 36 days’ holiday every year
Interviews and assessments will be with our Recruitment Partner, Helen Sanders in the first instance, and she works in partnership with our hiring managers here at Shadow.
Please send your CV across for Helen’s review so we can kickstart the recruitment process with you ASAP.