Package and Benefits: Salary to £55k, Pension, EMI Share program, flexible hours, training budget, Employee Assistance Plan (confidential mental health support) and 28 days of holiday and 8 bank holidays per year
About the Shadow Robot Company
The Shadow Robot Company is a growing, employee-owned, international and world-leading robotics company, and we’re looking to expand their London-based office team.
We exist to develop and create awesome robots making working lives better.
There are 14 different nationalities in our team of 45 people. We are based in London, Bristol, and Madrid with a handful of remote-based staff.
About Your Role as the Shadow Robot Company’s new R&D Team Lead:
- You’ll be a key member of our London-based R&D team.
- Contribute to the overall Hardware development for Shadow Robot products and projects where you’ll bring your electronics engineering experience to the team.
- Manage and lead a small team of mechanical and electronics engineers.
- Provide technical leadership, mainly on the electronics side, on selected R&D/robotics hardware projects.
- This role is wholly based in the London office with the odd day from home.
About Your Personality and Traits
- You’re a natural team leader, able to explore and enhance the individual needs of each R&D team member.
- Quality is your middle name, making sure the team consistently delivers working hardware to the standards the company and its clients need.
- Electronics engineering is your thing and you’re a champion of disciplined, process-driven projects so as we consistently learn together.
- You’re excited and not afraid that this is a brand new role. No shoes to step into!
- A positive outlook on solutions – you love solving problems.
- You love that this is a team-orientated organisation – if one person succeeds, we all succeed.
About Your R&D Team Lead Skills and Background:
The R&D, electronics and team leadership skills, experience and personality we’re interested in include the following:
- A few years of experience as a Team Lead with a background in electronics engineering
- Bring your commercial awareness of R&D to the fore in an existing, engineering successful team
- Experienced in boosting individual and team performance regarding efficiency, quality and respect for deadlines
- Developing and executing new product development
- You’ll enjoy using your electronics engineering background to contribute to making the Shadow robotic systems more reliable and easier to use.
- Engaging as a team lead, and you thrive on helping people to be their best.
- You will be vital in improving the current R&D protocols/framework and establishing best practices across all functions and accountabilities.
- The role is based in lovely offices near Gospel Oak station and will be based there with an occasional day from home if needed.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply here and our external hiring partner will be in touch to progress with your application