Possible opening for experienced Mechatronics Engineer
We have just added a new R&D Engineer to our London team and so we are not actively looking for a new Mechatronics Engineer just yet.
However, we are always interested in hearing from experienced Mechatronics Engineers with a passion for all things robotics as our London and Madrid teams continue to grow.
R&D Engineer (Robotics – Mechanical and Electronic Engineering)
Based: Gospel Oak, London
- Are you an experienced R&D engineer with an interest/passion for robotics?
- Mechatronics experience of more than 3-4 years in a commercial environment?
- Would you like to be a key member of the R&D team at the forefront of robotics tech?
- And are you based in London or can commute to Gospel Oak with ease (once we return to the new normal post-Lockdown)?
The Shadow Robot Company is one of the world’s leading robotics technology companies. We’re an international company where our Spanish based team work together to assemble our industry-leading Robot Dexterous Hands which organisations such as Hitachi, NASA and Siemens have used.
You’d be joining a company which hosts employees of 14 different nationalities creating a multicultural way of working with strong ethical pillars. For example, we refuse to work on military projects or that may threaten people or animals. Our culture can be described as enthusiastic, informal, diverse, witty and transparent.
Where do you fit in?
If you’re looking for a huge company with loads of structure, then this role is not the right one for you.
You’d be joining a very well established and growing Research and Development team made up of both electronics and mechanical engineers.
Your skills and experience will show many of the following:
- Ideally tonnes of mechanical and electronics engineering for technical and innovative techElectro-mechanical systems
- Medium volume complex system manufacture
- Volume manufacturing processes e.g. injection moulding
- Producing excellent documentation
- Additive manufacturing
- Working with suppliers and manufacturers to optimise products
- Specifying components
- QA/QC processes
- Knowledge of engineering drawings/tolerances/engineering specifications
When we do add a new R&D Engineer to our team, we’d love them to display the following:
- Team player
- Maturity in your role as it is autonomous and reports directly into senior management
- Growth mindset and the desire to continually learn
This role is not necessarily suited to a recent graduate due to the level of expertise needed to get up to speed with the R&D requirements of the role unless you had you completed a sandwich degree with your third year spent in a commercial environment utilising your mechatronics skills. We may also have future opportunities for less experienced people within the team.
Package includes 36 (thirty-six) days holiday, share options, flexible hours (Monday to Friday) together with a fantastic team and work environment in North London (30 mins by Tube from Kings Cross).
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please send your CV to Helen at this email address.