Job title: Project Manager
Department: Product Development (Robotics/Automation)
Based: Hybrid between home and 2-3 days in Gospel Oak, London
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 (depending on your experience)
Are you curious about robotics or work in the field already?
Do you have an engineering background and now you’re a strong project manager?
Looking to join an international, industry-leading, robotics company?
Would love more responsibility, a more agile environment and the ability to develop your project manager skills?
Perhaps this is your next career move?
About the Shadow Robot Company
About Our Company:
The Shadow Robot Company is a growing employee-owned, international and world-leading robotics company and we’re looking to expand our London-based team.
We exist to develop and create awesome robots making working lives better.
There are 14 different nationalities in our team of 48 people. We are based in London, Bristol and Madrid with a handful of remote-based staff too.
Our values here at the Shadow Robot Company
- We’re a family (the non-toxic kind).
- We enjoy making the impossible happen.
- No bullshit. No assholes.
- Do it fast, then do it right.
When we add new people to our team, wherever you’re based and whatever role you’re doing, you’ll see that we all live and breathe these core values.
Your Impact as our new Project Manager
If you love juggling multiple complex technical projects within an international company, where some projects are up to 3 years, you’ll enjoy this role.
We’d love you to use your experience as a project manager to guide and take ownership over up to 10 projects. With your expertise these projects will run smoothly, the engineers will know who, what, why, how and when, and our external partners will know that we have everything in hand to keep collaborations moving along smoothly.
Using your knowledge and IT/tech/engineering project management experience, you will be accountable for:
- Ensuring all project and functional deliverables are moving forward on time and to budget
- Providing the bridge between the R&D and software engineering teams and external partners
- Being that go-to person within Shadow who knows exactly where we are with any project you’re accountable for
- Being a safe and trusted pair of hands for all internal resource such as engineers, finance and business development colleagues
With your expertise and experience as a Project Manager, Shadow can further develop and excel at what they do best… continue to create awesome robots making working lives better.
To be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you if you have the following experience and personality:
- Experience in working in technology as a Project Manager (i.e. software development or electromechanical systems)
- Thorough understanding of project management such as risk analysis, budgeting, resourcing, project planning, work planning (Gantt chart), reporting, forecasting of activities
- Knowledge of management platforms such as Google Sheets/Docs (or Excel)
- Experience within a Scrum/Agile environment and Jira platform
- Strong communication skills for team and client/partner management
- Excellent people management and leadership skills – you’re likeable and respected, and have good emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Proactive leading skills such as meetings, projects and team activities
- Very organised – structured communication, attention to detail
- Numerate (budgets and project finance tracking)
- Problem solver
- Proven ability to work from home as well as able to work from either our London office 3 times per week
- Nice to have: robotics experience
- Nice to have: experience in European Projects management
- Nice to have: experience as Scrum Master
If this sounds like your next project manager career move, send your CV across and Helen will be in touch.
This is an urgent need for the team and interviews will be starting immediately.
Send your CV across to Helen by clicking here.
No agencies please