Job title: Robotics Software Engineer
Department: Software Team
Based: Gospel Oak, London
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 (depending on your experience)
Start date: When can you start?
Package includes: Shareholding, flexible hours, healthy food and treats in the office, and 28 days’ holiday and 8 bank holidays per year
Can you imagine making a career of your passion for robotics?
Always thought there must be a commercial company you can join and use your programming skills in order to enhance and elevate the use of robotics?
Would you like to challenge yourself with developing and creating robotic systems or solutions to solve real-world/human problems?
Do you have high coding standards (in Python), like to work on production systems, polish the code, document and cover with tests properly?
Looking to join a growing, international, industry-leading, robotics company?
Perhaps this is your next career move?
About the Shadow Robot Company
The Shadow Robot Company is a growing employee-owned, international and world-leading robotics company and we’re looking to expand our London-based team.
We exist to develop and create awesome robots making working lives better.
There are 14 different nationalities in our team of 48 people. We are based in London, Bristol and Madrid with a handful of remote-based staff too.
- We’re a family (the non-toxic kind).
- We enjoy making the impossible happen.
- No bullshit. No assholes.
- Do it fast, learn, then do it right.
When we add new people to our team, wherever you’re based and whatever role you’re doing, you’ll see that we all live and breathe these core values.
Your Impact as our new Robotics Software Engineer
- You’ll be a key member of our London-based software development team alongside our remote-based software engineers.
- You will be solving real-world problems using robotics.
- You’ll be working on highly challenging and stimulating problems to deliver new solutions using advanced robotic systems, mostly developing software for our dexterous hand products and teleoperation systems.
- Our team of developers is distributed and so we’d love you to work well and communicate effectively with your team wherever they’re based in the world.
- This role is wholly based in London so that you have access to the hardware and can help us develop and test the solutions.
- There will be tasks which include manual and automated testing, fixing bugs, creating and improving the documentation as well as supporting our Roadmap for further innovation.
To be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you if you have the following experience and personality:
- A few years experience in software engineering in a commercial environment
- Strong C++ or Python programming skills
- Good knowledge of programming under Linux
- You will have a very keen interest in robotics and perhaps even currently work within a robotics company
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using ROS
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- You love learning and thrive in an environment where learning is encouraged.
- You’ll thrive as a member of a distributed team.
- A positive outlook on solutions – you love solving problems.
- Happy to get stuck in when needed.
- There is no arrogance and you love the fact this is a team-orientated organisation – if one person succeeds, we all succeed.
If this sounds like this Robotics Software Engineer is your next career move, send your CV across and Helen will be in touch.
Send your CV across to Helen by emailing email@example.com
You can also apply via LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3zLKmx6
No agencies please.