Robotics Software Engineer
About our company:
The Shadow Robot Company is a growing employee-owned, international and world-leading robotics company and we’re looking to expand our team of London-based software engineers.
There are 14 different nationalities working within the company across London, Bristol and Madrid with a handful of remote-based staff too.
About your role as our new Robotics Software Engineer:
- You’ll be a key member of our London-based software development team alongside our remote-based software engineers.
- You will be solving real-world problems using robotics.
- You’ll be working on highly challenging and stimulating problems to deliver new solutions using advanced robotic systems, mostly developing software for our dexterous hand products and teleoperation systems.
- Our team of developers is distributed and so we’d love you to work well and communicate effectively with your team wherever they’re based in the world.
- This role is wholly based in London so that you have access to the hardware and can help us develop and test the solutions.
- There will be tasks which include manual and automated testing, fixing bugs, creating and improving the documentation as well as supporting our Roadmap for further innovation.
About your personality and traits:
- You love learning and thrive in an environment where learning is encouraged.
- You’ll thrive as a member of a distributed team.
- A positive outlook on solutions – you love solving problems.
- Happy to get stuck in when needed.
- There is no arrogance and you love the fact this is a team-orientated organisation – if one person succeeds, we all succeed.
About your Software Engineer skills and background:
The key software engineering and overall skills and experience we’re interested in includes:
- A few years’ experience in software engineering in a commercial environment
- Strong C++ or Python programming skills
- Good knowledge of programming under Linux
- You will have a very keen interest in robotics and perhaps even currently work within a robotics company
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using ROS
- Excellent problem-solving skills
The role is based in lovely offices near Gospel Oak station and the role will be based there 100%.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Title: Robotics Software Engineer
Based: Gospel Oak, London
Reporting to: Head of Software
Key relationships: Software Engineering and Innovation team
Package and benefits: shareholding, flexible hours, healthy food and treats in the office, and 28 days’ holiday and 8 bank holidays per year
Start date: When can you start?
Please apply here to send across your current CV to Helen.
Strictly no recruitment agencies, please. Please email HR@ShadowRobot.com if you’d like to partner with us.