Software and DevOps Engineer
Based: Office based in North London near Gospel Oak station
Salary: £30,000+ depending on your experience
Interviews: ASAP so please do not delay in sending your CV across to us.
Can you imagine making a career of your passion for robotics?
Always thought there must be a commercial company you can join and use your programming skills in order to enhance and elevate the use of robotics?
Would you like to challenge yourself with developing and creating robotic systems or solutions to solve real-world/human problems?
Do you have high coding standards, like to work on production systems, polish the code, document and cover with tests properly?
And fancy working within one of Europe’s most innovative and inspiring laboratories surrounded by brilliant programming, engineering and robotic minds?
This could be your next career move.
You’d be joining a very well established and respected development company, and joining a small, distributed software engineering team where you would be based in our London office.
Your role will be to support your colleagues and software engineers to create high-quality products by testing and debugging the software for a new ground-breaking real-world solution which could revolutionise a vital industry.
Core tasks include:
- doing manual and automated testing test (of software, low-level hardware components, and high-level robot functionality)
- fixing bugs
- creating and improving the documentation
- building and testing docker images as part of our release process, etc.
The key software engineering and overall skills and experience we’re interested in includes:
- At least one year’s experience in software engineering (in addition to your university experience but could be a sandwich / third year in a commercial role)
- Strong C++ or Python programming skills
- Good knowledge of programming under Linux
- Experience in manual and automated testing
- Experience in product development
- You will have a very keen interest in robotics
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using ROS
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Many of the team have an MSc or PhD but if you have a BSc or Masters which includes a heavy element of robotics, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re a recent graduate with some relevant work experience in software engineering (especially if it’s from within the robotics realm), then we would very much welcome your application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please send your CV across to this email address.
Notice for Recruitment Agencies: please do not send speculative applications across as we have our own internal recruitment specialists who work as part of the hiring process.