Sys Admin and Test Engineer
Salary: c. £30,000 plus excellent holiday allowance and bonus
Type of role: Full-time, Permanent
Are you responsible for System Administration in your current role?
Do you have a passion for deploying high-quality systems and testing them?
Ability to extend and support bare metal and virtual machines?
And want to be a crucial new member of one of the world’s leading companies in the robotics world?
We’d like to talk with you, if so!
The Shadow Robot Company are a growing international and world-leading robotics company to expand our software team and hiring a new System Administrator, who will support and expand existing infrastructure.
We have 14 different nationalities working within our team and would love to welcome you to our team in Madrid with support provided to all staff from South America to Poland and everywhere in between.
You will take care of improvements in the infrastructure for testing, deploying and delivering our robotics applications.
Additionally, you’ll define, manage, debug and help maintain the network infrastructure (for both humans and robots).
There’s also the responsibility for setting up accounts and purchasing equipment for our new employees and clients as well as dealing with office equipment such as printers among others.
You don’t necessarily have to love robotics, but given everyone else here loves the robotic solutions they’re developing, it would be a major bonus if you do too.
You will be working in our Production Office in Madrid but you’ll be part of the software team supporting Madrid, London and Bristol offices as well as our remote workers.
The software team already has several members of our development staff based remotely so they know how to ensure you feel very much a part of the company from day one.
Your technical skills and experience will include the following:
- Bash scripting
- Windows 10 system administration experience (group policy, Powershell, firewalls)
- Enterprise router management
- Firewall management in Ubuntu/Windows/Routers
- Networking experience (OpenVPN, IPSec VPN)
- Experience dealing with cybersecurity
It would be good if you had experience or knowledge of any of the following also:
- Linux (Work environment experience essential, Ubuntu would be preferable but also Debian 9 and 10)
- Enterprise switch management
- Experience with software or hardware testing
- Experience with remote support (team viewer, ssh, etc)
Your personality and experience to date includes:
- You’re a team player
- Love being a part of a growing software development team
- Good communication skills (able to liaise with software engineers, product development, as well as non-technical people such as operations and project managers)
- You are fluent in English as the people you’ll be supporting are based across the UK, mainland European countries, South America and in Madrid too!
- You’re a System Administrator in your current role
- You love solving problems and using your analysis skills
- Able to start rather quickly so ideally you’ll already be living and working in Madrid
- The role involves packing/unpacking equipment, some of which might be heavy, so be prepared for some heavy lifting.
- Willing to travel to London on a regular basis.
Salary: c. £30,000 with excellent benefits including flexible hours, 36 days’ holiday every year
Please send your CV across for our review so we can kickstart the hiring process with you ASAP.
Strictly no recruitment agencies